OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: July 27, 2022
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: First Cut-Off Date August 10, 2022
Second Cut-Off Date August 24, 2022
Final Cut-Off Date September 7, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Licensed Vocational Nurse
STARTING SALARY: $26.14 to $32.67 depending on experience
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes. This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Licensed Vocational Nurse’s primary function is to provide nursing support for the Medical Director, Physician, Family Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse/Clinic Manager. This position is responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse/Clinic Manager with ordering supplies and equipment, as well as operating and maintaining medical diagnostic equipment. Patient assessment, education, and advocacy are the cornerstones of this position.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Must maintain and update various medical forms, logs, immunization sheets, drug logs, surveillance sheets, flow sheets, etc. Enter and update all Immunization records in Electronic Health Records (EHR) and California Immunization Registry (CAIR) upon completion of administration.
· Will participate in department and facility Quality Improvement (QI).
· Assists Providers and/or Registered Nurse with patients, by performing duties within licensure/certification limits.
· Operates and maintains laboratory equipment and supplies through ordering or delegating through training of systems.
· Abides by universal precautions, as related to staff, patients, and clinic.
· Maintains patient tracking mechanisms and ensures HIPAA guidelines are enforced.
· Scrub ahead of time and periodically throughout the current day, for review of provider’s schedule to include requesting patient data from outside facilities.
· Receives and sends out daily calls and faxes related to patient care to include pharmacy clarification with provider’s assistance.
· Inventories and orders in-house medications and supplies when directed by Clinic Outreach Manager.
· Assists Clinic Outreach Manager with diabetic grant and GRPA reports. This includes assisting with the following: discussion with the allocation of grant funds, suggestions on upcoming grant language or programming, diabetic dinners, and patient education. Various reports would assist in QMI and program development.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A. Ability to assess/gather information about the patient’s condition and present it to the Provider or Registered Nurse to assist when needed with triage.
B. Knowledgeable of CAIR and VCF Vaccines for children, completing the inventory, ordering vaccines, completing annual site visits and recertification, and completing various reports to include quarterly NIRS and patient letters with oversight of the Registered Nurse.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from the current residence state.
3. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
6. Two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a trade school.
7. Three to five years of experience in the medical field preferred.
8. Must be a California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough, uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. The job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. The job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, body fluids, toxic laboratory, and industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty, and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with employees, visitors, and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, and cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers, and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on the length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person at the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience