OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: August 1, 2022
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: First Cut-Off Date: August 15, 2022
Second Cut-Off Date: August 29, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist (Medical)
STARTING SALARY: $15.00 to $17.20 depending on experience
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
BENEFITS: Highly competitive page *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Receptionist will be part of the front office operations staff. The Receptionist will perform a variety of functions necessary to aid the efficient clinical office and billing operations for Lassen Indian Health Center. This position must be sensitive to the needs of the Indian community, its culture and traditions, and all other clients we serve.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them professionally; in person or on the telephone, relaying or answering inquiries.
· Maximizes patient satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments appropriately in person or by telephone according to guidelines set by providers.
· Processes new patient packets by making sure they are complete and include copies of insurance and identification. Enters new patients into RPMS accurately and timely.
· Prepares for the next business day by printing an appointment list, calling patients to confirm appointments, running insurance at the beginning of the month, and again two (2) days prior to their appointment.
· Assists in quality improvement efforts by assisting with GPRA-related activities and work such as data entry.
· Initiates patient transportation requests for medical and dental appointments by inquiring whether transportation is needed and checking and booking transportation.
· Collects and processes co-pays and payments on accounts on the point system accurately. Is responsible for accurate tracking of deposits daily and turning those into fiscal. Keeps accurate records of deposits and stores them in appropriate place. Counts and is responsible for cash drawer daily.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects clinic operation by keeping information confidential following release of information protocols and other HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) requirements.
· Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies and reports to medical or dental as appropriate.
· Contributes to team efforts by assisting other co-workers as needed to ensure streamed-lined efficient clinic and billing operations.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
A. Ability to work well under pressure.
B. Skill in organizing and establishing priorities.
C. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
D. Ability to communicate effectively.
E. Ability to use tact, courtesy, discretion, and good judgment in handling issues or patients of a sensitive nature.
F. Knowledge of the overall billing process, and ability to prepare bills related to documents for processing.
G. Ability to be at work on time consistently.
H. Ability to sit for long periods of time and keyboard for long periods of time.
I. Ability to learn new information quickly and accurately.
J. Ability to interpret policies and procedures for patients and the public in a friendly and professional manner.
K. Ability to follow the organization’s chain of command and employee performance expectations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – ALL APPLICANTS:
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from the current residence state.
3. Must pass a pre-employment background check.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
6. Computer experience required.
7. Must type 40 words per minute.
8. Excellent customer service skills in face-to-face and telephone interactions.
9. Must have a complete understanding of the Patient Confidentiality Act.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
· Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
· Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
· Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with employees, visitors, and vendors.
· Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, and cultural and educational programs.
· Comply with policies and procedures.
· Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
· The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers, and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
· Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e., DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on the length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person at the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be faxed to (530) 251-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience