OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: January 3, 2022
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Open Until Filled
1st cutoff date 01 17 2022
2nd cutoff date 01 24 2022
3rd cutoff date 02 14 2022
4th cutoff date 02 28 2022
POSITION TITLE: Dentist
STARTING SALARY: Negotiable
POSITION CLASS: Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time (40 per week)
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Dentist is responsible for the delivery of dental services at Lassen Indian Health Center (LIHC). This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Practices clinical skills complying with contract agreements for a number of daily encounters to be produced.
2. Provides current and appropriate documentation, progress notes, prescriptions, dental labs, and other related documentation in patient records.
3. Coordinates with billing in use of dental license number and complying with all necessary and required documentation and coding elements per compliance program to obtain third-party funding.
4. Refers patients appropriately to oral health specialists for treatment that cannot be provided by LIHC.
5. Visits various schools and preschools serving the Native American community and participates in community education events/activities to make presentations about preventative dentistry and oral hygiene at least once every four months.
6. Works cooperatively and progressively with administrative staff on matters within the dental program to improve and enhance the dental program’s productivity, quality, and effectiveness.
7. Participates in reviews and updates of all dental policies and procedures and property management requirements annually.
8. Assists and participates in LIHC committees and activities such as: corporate compliance, quality improvement, HIPAA response team, case management, safety, etc.
9. Complies with corporate compliance, HIPAA, and safety policies and procedures.
10. Involved in training dental assistants and dental receptionists.
11. Oversees and participates in regular compliance, peer reviews, and other audits as required.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Doctorate degree from an accredited dental school.
2. Current state dental license. Prefer California state dental license. Must be able to obtain California dental license within one year.
3. Current DEA card.
4. Five to eight years of experience working as a full-time dentist.
5. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
6. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
7. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
8. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain it within ninety (90) days of hire date.
9. Must be willing to travel for training.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, body fluids, toxic laboratory and industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty, and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with employees, visitors, and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers, and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on the length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience