The Patient Access Representative serves as the face to face point of contact for the patient at a client location. Obtains all necessary information to register and financially clear patients. Greets patients/family members and obtains and/or verifies relevant information in the process of registering financially clearing patients for service delivery. Enhances the patient experience throughout all patient interactions by serving as the customer service point of contact at the point of service by demonstrating knowledge of Sutter’s Health system and service offerings.
Responsible for supporting the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term MFSS vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard MFSS responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
- High School Diploma required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) and/or, Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) and/or, Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR).
- Experience within a hospital or clinic environment, an insurance company, managed care organization or other financial service setting, performing financial counseling, financial clearance and/or customer service activities as typically acquired in two years.
- Completion of regulatory/mandatory certifications and skills validation competencies preferred.
- General knowledge of patient access financial counseling functions in acute and non-acute settings preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- Working knowledge and understanding of insurance terminology desired.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage frequent in-person patient contacts while effective maintaining and documenting data in the patient registration systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in multiple computer systems, such as patient registration/accounting systems, document imaging, scanning, payment posting, proprietary payer websites and data quality monitoring, both accurately and efficiently
- Strong data entry skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary in dealing with internal and external customers
About Sutter Health - Sutter Coast Hospital
Resting on the scenic Northern California Coast, Sutter Coast Hospital continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of the residents of Crescent City, California and Brookings-Harbor, Oregon and the surrounding areas. As a part of Sutter Health - one of the nation’s leading community-based, health care networks - we are a 49-bed, not-for-profit hospital, serving a population of approximately 43,000. Our services include a 24-hour emergency department, intensive care/critical care units, surgery, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation, skilled nursing, psychiatric care, senior care, and home health services.