Glenn County Office of Education
Program: Head Start
Salary: $15.02 – $15.40 per hour
Work Year: 25 hours per week: 11 months (August – June)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Hold/Qualify for a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit or willing to take 12 units in Early Childhood Education within the first year of employment to remain eligible for employment for a second year. Visit https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/req-child-dev for permit requirements
- Experience working with children
- Ability to lift and/or move 10-30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Valid California driver license and insured reliable transportation
- Assist in the implementation of age-appropriate curriculum under the guidance of Teacher/Director.
- Assist Teacher/Director and Teacher in the supervision of children.
- Assist in providing a safe, sanitary, healthy and attractive learning environment.
- Assist in the communication between child and teacher, and parents and teacher when language barriers exist.
- Model appropriate behavior and interact in a positive, friendly, and courteous manner with children, staff, families, and community volunteers in order to build and foster responsive relationships.
- Provide childcare at parent meetings for the community you work in and other activities, as assigned.
Applications without the required documentations will not be considered
- Complete Application and Resume
- Copy of High School Diploma
- Copy of Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit (if applicable)
- Letters of Recommendations (1 professional and 1 personal)
How to Apply:
- Applicants can apply online at www.glenncoe.org, by clicking the tab “career opportunities”
- Child and Family Services
Miriam Lopez, HR Manager
676 E. Walker Street, Orland CA 95963
530-865-1267 ext. 2211