JOB TITLE: Teacher – Middle School-Foundational Math/Independent Study
**See important credentialing information at the end of this announcement**
WORK YEAR: Full time: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm/7 hours per day/Monday – Friday, 11 months/183 days annually (Prorated upon hire)
START DATE: As soon as possible after interviews
SALARY: Salary Schedule 04, $241.43 to $588.56 daily.
Placement dependent on experience and education. Annual stipend pay: Master’s $1,200 or Doctorate $2,000 (Prorated upon hire)
Placement on salary schedule is dependent upon how many years of full-time certificated experience you have, as well as your level of education above and beyond your Bachelor’s Degree.
Newly hired personnel will be credited on a year-for-year basis with a maximum of eleven (11) years verified certificated experience for previous public or private service if such service has been rendered under contract in an accredited system. For experience exceeding eleven (11) and up to nineteen (19) years, personnel will be credited with one (1) year additional step placement for every two years of experience not to exceed sixteen (16) steps at initial placement.
BENEFITS: Generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee and dependents. Sick leave accrued. Employer paid life insurance provided. This position qualifies for CalSTRS retirement.
AREA OF ASSIGNMENT: Hearthstone School Oroville, CA
TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1640545
DEADLINE: This position is open until filled; to receive full consideration, please apply by Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 4:00 PM
Under the direction of the Site/Program Administrator or his/her designee, BCOE teachers will provide an effective educational program for students in regular, independent study, or special education
programs. Teachers of students in infant, preschool, elementary or secondary grades will assess the academic needs and identify the learning styles of their students in order to guide individual and large group instruction; maintain a safe and orderly learning environment; establish school-home relationships; emphasize academic learning utilizing effective instructional strategies, techniques and culturally relevant curriculum to support student achievement.
To meet the learning needs of students, teachers will be part of a systematic collaborative process to analyze student data, thus impacting professional practices that result in improved student learning. Teachers must use an educational process that blends teaching knowledge with student performance, and demonstrate knowledge of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession and the California Academic Content Standards. Teachers will be expected to grow as educational professionals to attain greater confidence in teaching skills.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: [May include, but are not limited to the following]
1. Implement research based programs that show consistent and continued gains in student learning and mastery of academic skills
2. Design and develop an educational environment that accommodates an instructional learning program for students based on individual and group learning styles
3. Implement grade level appropriate instructional techniques to foster self-esteem and academic success for students
4. Use academically culturally appropriate resources and curriculum to guide instruction
5. Collaboratively develop and responsibly implement individualized educational plans (IEP)
6. Facilitate community outreach
7. Support and participate in activities of Parent Advisory Councils or Site Councils
8. Collaborate as a member of an educational Professional Learning Community
9. Set up accountability systems for formative assessments and evaluations of progress, achievement, attitude and/or behavior differences of students
10. Work with staff, volunteers, tutors, interns, and parents to assist with program implementation.
11. Participate in professional in-service training activities
12. Use multiple assessments to identify, monitor, assess, and evaluate academic achievement of students
KNOWLEDGE OF/ABILITY TO:
1. Use advanced skills in the development of innovative instructional strategies that actively engage students and have a comprehensive understanding of California Academic Content Standards, demonstrate skills in effective classroom/behavior management, employ differentiated instruction to meet needs of specific student populations (ELD, Special Education, low performing, gifted), use assessment data to guide instruction to support student learning and achievement, implement standards-based curriculum and instruction
2. Establish and maintain positive relationships with parents, families and community representatives of students enrolled
3. Establish effective working relationships with community agencies in support of educational, social and emotional needs of students
4. Build success with students in fostering civic responsibility and developing positive self-concept
5. Have knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction and the incorporation of technology into the classroom environment
6. Be experienced in the use of the California Content Standards in everyday instruction
7. Have ability to perform duties as per specific job description below
1. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and liability insurance.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. A California Teaching Credential authorizing instruction of students (as appropriate for the specific assignment) NOTE: A valid, unexpired California Single Subject Teaching Credential Mathematics or Foundational-Level Mathematics is preferred, but other subject areas may be considered. A Multiple Subject Teaching Credential may also be considered. Please see text box at the end of this announcement.
2. Possess or be eligible for EL authorization.
3. Experience working with at-risk students preferred
4. Hold or be qualified as a NCLB (No Child Left Behind) Highly Qualified Teacher in core subjects or self-contained classroom (as appropriate for specific assignment)
NOTE: This list of essential functions and physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.
1. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. FINGERPRINTING FOR CONDUCTING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED and completed upon offer of employment.
Upon offer of employment you will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR consent to weekly testing
TO APPLY: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1640545
Online applications only; no paper copies will be accepted. All online applications must be accompanied by the following attachments;
Incomplete applications will not be accepted
• Cover Letter
• Three Letters of Recommendation, current letters preferred
• Copy of credential from the CTC website:
or Intern Eligibility Letter from CTC-approved Intern Program
Upon offer of employment proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance will be required
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Handicapped IX Employer
Deaf individuals may use the toll-free California Relay Service (CRS). If you have a TTY: (530) 532-5650. If you do not have a
TTY: 1-800-735-2922. Upon CRS connection, ask for 530-532-5785 for more information about this recruitment.
The preferred credential is a valid, unexpired California Single Subject Teaching Credential in Mathematics or Foundational-Level Mathematics. However, applicants who possess a California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential or a California Single Subject Teaching Credential in subjects other than Mathematics or Foundational-Level Mathematics may also be considered. An extensive background in teaching mathematics is preferred for applicants who do not possess a Single Subject Teaching Credential in Mathematics or Foundational-Level Mathematics.
The following applies to all applicants:
* Valid, unexpired California general education teaching credential based on bachelor’s degree and student teaching (such as a Preliminary, Clear, or Life Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential). The candidate selected for this position should have knowledge and training that best fulfills the needs of the students. Ed Code §44865 requires consent from teachers who have teaching assignments outside of their credential authorization(s). This written consent will be obtained upon hire.
* Valid English Learner authorization (e.g. embedded EL Authorization, CLAD, BCLAD or SDAIE) -Emergency authorization may be considered.