Job #: TE-2107-01
Employment Details: Full-time, Regular, Non-Exempt
Up to 40 hours/week, Up to 44 weeks/year
Wage: $16.83 – $21.39 (DOEd.)
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 900 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education, and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for a Teacher with a proven track record of child development, education, and leadership experience. If you enjoy building relationships, hard work and innovation, providing excellence, and want to have fun with your fellow employees, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the Head Teacher or Site Supervisor, the Teacher will provide day-to-day care to children in a Head Start classroom using SHS developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment, and by building responsive relationships with children and families.
· AA degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, including core ECE units: Human/Child Development (3 units); Family, Child and Community (3 units); and Program/Curriculum (3 units)
(BA degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, including 6 ECE classes (2-3 units each) with core ECE units: Human/Child Development (3 units); Family, Child and Community (3 units); and Program/Curriculum (3 units) desired)
· One year related experience
(Two years related experience desired)
· Must have and maintain current EMSA First Aid and CPR
· Ability to obtain Child Development Permit within one year of hire date
· Ability to write reports/correspondence and read/interpret documents
· Ability to perform basic math; to compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs
· Ability to organize documents accurately and to write using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
· Ability to speak effectively to groups of parents, staff, and community members
· Ability to supervise and manage staff efficiently and effectively within the guidelines of Shasta Head Start policies and mandates
· Must have or obtain a Child Development Matrix Permit at the Associate Teacher level or higher within one year of hire date. Must maintain Child Development permit until desired education obtained
· Must have and maintain current EMSA First Aid/CPR
· Pre-employment requirements:
o Valid California Driver License and clean DMV record
o Criminal background check required
o Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
o Pre-Employment drug test
o Pre-Employment TB test
o Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
o Must be currently vaccinated for COVID
· Assist supervisor in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment
· Assist in the compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal and state regulations, and Community Care Licensing requirements
· Assist in the implementation of Shasta Head Start written curriculum plan
· Assist in the planning and implementation of Shasta Head Start developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessments for the classroom
· Assist in the supervision and management of children in the classroom in order to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy learning environment
· Conduct home visits for center children in accordance with Head Start performance standards
· On-going professional development through education, training, and resources
· Maintain professional and ethical standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shasta Head Start offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 15 paid holidays per year
· 401(k) to eligible employees after one year
· Extensive training opportunities
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Suite #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience