Summary: Under the supervision of the preschool director; to perform a variety of regular and/or supplemental instructional duties and to perform related work as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of teaching materials and learning activities.
- Complete documents required for program activities in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining a neat, orderly, and active learning environment.
- Operate various office equipment (computer and copier for example)
- Meet regularly with teachers and/or certificated support staff to plan programs activities and review materials and assignments.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following established procedures and practices.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings and attending various in-service training courses as assigned.
- Assist with keeping in contact with parents in person or via text/call.
- Child development principles and practices
- Safe practices in classroom and outdoor activities
- Basic concept of teaching methods and techniques; correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Operation of standard office equipment including computer and assigned software.
- Oral and handwriting skills
- Interpersonal skills like using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic record keeping
- Develop knowledge and skills necessary to function in the specific settings to which assigned.
- React with flexibility, creativity, and sensitively to changing situations and needs.
- Read notes, memos, and reports of a moderately complex nature.
- Understand and carry out oral or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Crouch, crawl, use hands & reach with hands and arms, talk and hear taste and smell, frequently lift up to 35 pounds, stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, kneel have specific vision abilities, such as: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Requirements: Aid must be 18 years of age, with a High School Diploma or adequate GED. Valid Driver’s license, ability to pass a drug test and criminal background screening.
Certified in: CPR and First Aid
Partially Qualified Aid for fully Qualified teacher (this allows for a larger child to teacher ratio): 6 semester units and a continuation of units (2) until 6 units are attained.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience
About Solid Rock Learning Center