Job Description: The Team Leader is responsible for leading the team in the meeting of department goals using the resources provided including staff, equipment, tools, time, raw materials, and packaging. Success will include keeping everyone safe, meeting delivery requirements, and continuously improving cost per case and quality. An additional key result includes ongoing growth of the team’s capability, capacity, and competency. Key cross functional interactions occur with Order Fulfillment, Milling, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Safety, Innovation, and Human Resources.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities Manufacturing
- Oversee all production operations within the assigned department.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all processes and equipment required for the manufacturing of all internally produced products.
- Develop processes and documentation for processes and be a key contributor in developing new methods.
- Lead problem solving and continuous improvement efforts impacting operations, including issues related to safety, equipment, quality, delivery, and throughput.
- Continuously provide suggestions for improvement. Back up suggestions and ideas with moderate level analysis related to labor, case cost, and return on effort.
- Facilitate the rapid resolution of equipment downtimes. Ensure proper repair and maintenance of all processing equipment.
- Ensure the sanitation of all operating and food contact surface systems.
- Maintain production, inspection, cleaning, and sanitation records and logs.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording/reporting of all production and raw material use. Utilize computerized inventory system (NAV).
- Communicate with the department manager regarding product production on a daily basis.
- Communicate with staff regarding any changes in production.
- Monitor and control the quality and flavor application of all products produced, ensuring that it meets Lundberg Family Farms standards.
- Oversee product inventories in order to meet outstanding orders.
- Ensure process and storage areas comply with Sanitation, Safe Quality Foods (SQF), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines.
- Ensure employees are following GMPs and related prerequisite programs.
- Ensure allergen
- Ensure all personnel are trained and coached on key performance expectations and characteristics related to operations they perform. This includes basic skill and task training such as operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Conduct annual performance assessments as well as provide ongoing coaching and feedback
- Provide consistent on-the-spot coaching to facilitate continuous learning and to foster continuous improvement.
- Responsible for team building, team effectiveness, and actively strengthening team dynamics.
- Address and resolve conflict between team members and facilitate resolution when conflict occurs cross-
- Build a positive and empowering work environment. Hire and coach top talent, leveraging teamwork and placing a priority on people and team development.
- Ensure compliance of company policies within all local, state, and federal regulations including, but not limited to, OSHA regulations and wage and hour laws.
- Organize department for efficient operations.
- Draft and administer development plans and provide development opportunities. Can make decisions related to hiring and/or removal of personnel from the department. Implement disciplinary procedures when
- Model and foster safe behavior. Adhere to all safety programs contribute to providing a safe and clean workplace that meets all OSHA local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure all team members keep their safety training up to date and ensure understanding. Other
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the department manager to achieve department and company business goals.
- Organize your time so the majority of time (80%) is on the production floor, overseeing operations, identifying and addressing improvement opportunities, and teaching, coaching, and mentoring team members.
- Complete training required for position and maintain applicable certifications.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Lundberg Family Farms’ Attendance and Punctuality standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and managers at all times.
- Work well under pressure in order to meet multiple, and sometimes, competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to draft internal communication in English.
- Useful knowledge of basic formula calculations using a calculator and Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability and/or aptitude for moderate level operations analysis.
- Excellent motivation, coaching, and team leadership skills.
- Ability to think of creative solutions to short-term issues that allow production to continue at pace without compromising safety and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and create urgency and enthusiasm without creating unsafe rushing.
- Ability to be a capable solicitor and advocate of team member ideas and perspectives to enable better solutions to immediate and longer-term issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to focus team on right priorities, make timely decisions, and deliver on short and long
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and hold people accountable for
- Bachelor of Science and 1-year manufacturing experience or 5 years production experience with specific training and/or experience related to leadership and supervision.
- Must maintain a valid CA driver’s license or in the state of residence and meet insurability standards of our auto insurance carrier.
- Production experience related to food.
- Experience leveraging lean, six sigma, and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) to improve operational efficiency.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Age: 18
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Salary: 72500.00 Year
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, 401K, Profit Sharing
Job Application Methods Accepted:
How to Apply: All interested individuals can apply online at https://www.lundberg.com/info/employment/
Employer Information: LUNDBERG FAMILY FARMS
5370 Church Street
Richvale, CA 95974Minimum Education and Experience