At Goodwill Industries® Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada, Inc. (Goodwill) you’ll hear us say “because of Goodwill” a lot. Often it means, “because of Goodwill I got a hand up” or “because of Goodwill I have a chance.” Our organization is built on a rich history of finding the hidden value and possibility in people and donated goods alike since 1933. Today, we continue to innovate the social enterprise of our founders and lead with our mission to utilize Goodwill resources to help people with disadvantages achieve self-sufficiency in everything we do. This mission is expressed through our retail stores and collection sites which create an accessible shopping experience for all, an environmentally conscious alternative to the landfill, and an employment platform for 2,700 people annually. We go beyond creating jobs alone and provide essential resources to our Family of Nonprofits and regional community partners serving over 350,000 people with disabilities, people experiencing homelessness, veterans, seniors, opportunity youth and children in need every year. That’s over 900,000 life-changing services including job training, emergency shelter for families, resource and referral information, meals, youth advocacy, and mental health counseling. Over 95% of total revenues are dedicated giving back to the communities we serve.
As a Team Member you will be responsible for cash handling, merchandising, sorting, cleaning, hanging, pricing, and tagging miscellaneous donated merchandise. We provide fast, fun and friendly service to all of our customers. We have both part-time and full-time positions.
- Adhere to Kaizen principles of work station organization
- Cleans sorts, hangs, and tags saleable items. Prices saleable items according to established pricing guide.
- Assesses each article as to quality, style, type, and use. Remove and deposits all unacceptable items into trash or as-is containers.
- Stocks and presents merchandise for maximum salability.
- Operates cash register with accuracy.
- Keeps Management informed as to merchandise needs.
- Provides quality customer service in a timely and courteous manner to all shoppers, donors and employees.
- Loads /Unloads trailer safely and effectively
- Provides the proper attention is given to floor appearance, cleanliness, and shopping environment including but not limited to: floor care, fitting room, cash register and customer service areas, aisles, trash cans, lights, restrooms, glass showcases, window ledges and doors. Ensure that doors, odor control, cash registers, vending machines, fire extinguishers, and restrooms are in proper working order.
- Maintaining the appearance of building exterior and parking lot, including but not limited to: windows, doors, sidewalks, parking lot lights, dumpster area, landscape, shopping cart retrieval, store entry, and signage.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly store processing area, good housekeeping and work environment. Assist in ensuring machinery is in proper working order.
- Knowledge in retail field or warehouse.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to effectively communicate, including reading and writing in English.
- Ability to perform tasks involving pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting items up to 50 pounds.
- Must have an inclination toward repetitive and routine tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate cash register, ATM, fax machine, calculator, pricing gun, and fastener attaching gun.
- Must not present a direct threat to the safety and health of self, others or property.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must be able to perform essential functions Clerk Processor job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet qualitative and quantitative performance standards as established by the company.
- Job Type: Part-Time and Full-Time Positions Available
- Compensation: $14.00 per hour (Effective September 26th 2021 this position will be making $15 per hour)
- Required work schedule: 20-40 hours per week
- Limited hazards due to lifting, pulling, and pushing merchandise by self or others.
- Requires a high level of adaptability and flexibility. Work environment usually hectic (fast paced) with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations.
- Field of work includes production area, and store showroom.
How to Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Team Member” as the subject.Minimum Education and Experience