(Note: Only one position is available. Salary DOE.)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Technician (Building): $17.95 – $23.64 per hour, plus benefits package
Senior Building Technician: $20.59 – $27.17 per hour, plus benefits package
Open until filled. First review June 20, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Building Technician, under direction from the Building Official, within the Planning and Building Department, is responsible for
collection and entry of data on technical systems and performs tasks of a technical nature on a paraprofessional level. The Senior Building
Technician is a journey level class and performs the most complex and specialized technical work requiring a higher degree of knowledge of
permitting, building and planning processes. (Receives only occasional instruction as new situations arise.) The major duties of the job include:
• Review of applications and permits for compliance with applicable processes, regulations and timeframes.
• Recording and tracking of documents for compliance with applicable processes, regulations and timeframes.
• Responding to inquires of customers such as developers, property owners, architects, appraisers by providing
information related to procedures and policies either at the counter or on the phone.
• Perform technical operations such as checking documents, assisting in creating or modifying maps, diagrams, permits, appraisals.
• May perform field and/or site inspections.
• May perform complex Data Entry that requires knowledge of specialized computer programs and/or systems.
• May perform complex but routine mathematical calculations.
• Create letters, memorandum, reports, minutes and other correspondence with a minimum of direction.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Equivalent to a high school diploma and technical classes equivalent to one year beyond high school graduation.
Experience: Two years’ work experience with computers, data, numbers; modern office experience.
Two years’ experience working in Real Estate, Community Planning, or Building Departments.
License: Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid California driver’s license.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
An application may be obtained from the Personnel Office or the application center at the address listed below or by visiting the Personnel Department on our website at https://.lassencounty.org. It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department (530) 251 -8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130
EOEMinimum Education and Experience