Associate/Instrument Production Technician
Ted Pella, Inc. is seeking an Instrument Production Technician to join our production team – we will consider an associate level or experienced level. This person will assemble instruments and sub-assemblies to meet daily customer demand and production schedule. This position reports to the Sr. Instrument Production Supervisor.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Pull required materials to complete a job from the stockroom and report any shortages or damaged materials.
· Pull job related Work Instructions.
· Read and follow schematics and engineering drawings.
· Assemble and test instruments, sub-assemblies and small tools. Includes basic electrical and mechanical assembly.
· Experienced level will build PCBs or PCB components.
· Verify that all fixtures and tooling are properly identified.
· Work with management to identify any damaged fixtures and/or tooling needing repair or replacement.
· Verify that all work has been completed correctly and meets Engineering and Quality standards.
· Recommend new tooling and equipment to improve efficiency.
· Work in a manner that conforms to safety standards used at the company regarding mechanical and electrical assembly and troubleshooting and around related equipment. Report any safety issues to the Production Supervisor or Director of Manufacturing.
· Print product labels and manuals, assemble product manuals.
· QC co-workers jobs when applicable.
· Follow safe manufacturing practices such as use of eye protection, hearing protection, good shock prevention practices and interchange work to avoid repetitive stress injuries.
· Other duties as assigned which may become essential to the position.
· High school diploma required, with related college coursework, trade school, or training. Associates degree in related field preferred.
· For associate/entry level – 1 year of experience in instrument/equipment assembly required. For experienced level – 2-3 years of experience in equipment, instrument or electronics assembly required.
· Must be mechanically inclined and experienced in the use of a variety of hand tools, power tools, and electrical tools. Good eye-hand coordination and dexterity.
· Ability to read and understand schematics and engineering drawings. Must be able to read and follow schematics and engineering drawings.
· Basic understanding of the use of test and measurement equipment such as light microscopes, calipers, micrometers, volt meters and related equipment.
· Experience with PCB (printed circuit board) assembly and components is preferred.
· General soldering experience and aptitude. Experience soldering wiring harnesses or assemblies is preferred.
· Must have basic knowledge of electrical components, such as IC, regulators, resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes and relay.
· Basic use of Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
· Ability to read and follow work instructions and inspect work for quality control on each completed project.
· Must be able to learn new things quickly. Must have excellent attention to detail, problem diagnosis and solving skills, and high level of accuracy in work product.
· Must be self-motivated to work well independently, as well as work well on a team, organize and prioritize responsibly, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and keep up with production workload.
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work well with others.
· Ability to speak, write, and communicate in the English language fluently is required.
· Must have strong reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and math skills.
· Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time, continuously use arms, hands and fingers to manipulate parts and put together assemblies. Frequent standing, bending, walking. Must have good vision. Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Monday through Friday: 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM; hours may vary as needed based on business needs.
Hourly pay rate will be commensurate with experience, in the range of $16.52-$23.74 per hour. This is a temp to hire position, meaning that after up to a 90 day temp period, if it is a good fit for all, full time, regular employment will be offered. This position, once it is regular full time, will include a generous medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Company match, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, if it transitions to full time regular, and after a brief waiting period.Proven history of good work ethic on resumeMinimum Education and Experience
About Ted Pella, Inc.
About the Company:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies since for over 55 years. We have been in Redding, CA for 36 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our web site at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated Company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
About the Location:
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, hunting and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of small city life nestled in a rural recreational setting. http://www.visitredding.com