Ted Pella, Inc. is seeking an Associate Buyer to join our Purchasing team. This person will be involved in placing orders produced by purchasing staff, following up with vendors on pricing and orders, and performing administrative duties to assist purchasing department. This position reports the Purchasing Supervisor and the Operations Manager.
· Assist in placing all orders produced by purchasing staff.
· Contact vendors daily when confirmations and/or due dates are not met to obtain current status.
· Track and update prices on Price Update Tracking System.
· Assist with the return of products to vendors, i.e. warranty, double ship.
· Work with accounting department to resolve any Goods Received Notes differences to insure prompt payment to vendors.
· Match all confirmations to purchase orders and enter revised information in computer.
· Contact all vendors past due for new delivery dates and notify Customer Service of delays and make appropriate changes in computer.
· Filing of paperwork.
· Complete additional duties and/or tasks as assigned by the Purchasing Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
· Be upbeat and positive. Personally ensure customer enjoys working with our company.
· Minimum HS diploma with some college coursework; AA degree preferred.
· Minimum of 1-3 years of related office and administrative experience is required.
· Prior purchasing experience required; experience entering and submitting PO information to outside vendors via email, fax and phone.
· Experience in a manufacturing and/or production environment is preferred. Experience with business software programs (ERP, MRP) is preferred.
· Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills. Ability to work well with people. Ability to interface successfully with vendors, co-workers and management. Must be able to collaborate and interact successfully with vendors, managers and co-workers.
· Excellent computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet.
· Must type at least 45 wpm and be know10-key by touch.
· A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required. Good problem solving skills and good judgment.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly.
· Must have good math, reading, writing and spelling skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language, verbally and in writing.
· Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team. Must be results-oriented with a demonstrated track record of success.
· Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
Full-time, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., and may vary based on business needs.
Pay & Benefits:
Hourly rate (est. $16-$18) will be competitive in market and commensurate with experience. This position includes a generous medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick time and holidays.Must speak and read English. Must have pervious purchasing experience.Minimum Education and Experience
About Ted Pella, Inc.
About Ted Pella, Inc.:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 50 years. We have been in Redding for over 30 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. Visit our web site at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated Company with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check when applicable. To apply please send a cover letter, a complete resume and your desired pay range via email, to: email@example.com