Ted Pella, Inc. is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to join our IT team. This person will ensure the stable operation of the Company’s computer networks and their interface to the internet as well as those internet connections. Duties include planning, development, installation, configuration, security, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware components, network operating systems, interfaces and connections of the distributed Company network systems and internet interfaces. This position reports to the IT Manager. This is an on-site position located in Redding, California.
· Configure and maintain the organization’s internal computer network.
· Perform network design and capacity planning.
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
· Identify, troubleshoot, solve and document network connectivity and performance issues.
· Monitor network performance and optimize the network for optimal speed and availability.
· Configure and maintain routers, switches, access points, firewalls for the company LANs and WAN.
· Plan and coordinate network cabling needs.
· Diagnose problems with network equipment and perform equipment repair or upgrades when appropriate.
· Research, propose, analyze, deploy and manage network-based security solutions, including firewall, and intrusion detection systems.
· Take lead on maintenance of VOIP phone system; support analog lines.
· Work with IT Manager in planning, installation, maintenance and documentation of Company network.
· Provide technical support to users concerning network system operations.
· Work with the IT Manager weekly and monthly to define project and maintenance priorities.
· Work with the IT Manager and President on major Network Administration initiatives. Manage related projects, make plans, recommend purchases, make implementation plans, and implement new hardware and software configurations.
· Evaluate and recommend new technologies for implementation that will assist the company to be more efficient.
· Provide technical analysis for management when evaluating new processes/procedures.
· Participate in 24×7 on-call support of company network.
· Monitor system capacity and performance through 24×7 system monitoring and alert notifications to ensure the stability of the production environment. Respond to any issues that affect production.
· Work closely with IT team and other strategic teams to provide support on projects as directed by the needs of the business.
· Track hardware lifecycles of all Network related devices. Be responsible for creating plans to be approved with IT Manager and President to replace network components well in advance of their scheduled obsolesce/end of life.
· Collaborate with TPI-approved vendors to develop viable solutions, equipment procurement, and trouble escalation if needed. Work with vendors and IT Manager to create service level agreements and the appropriate warranty service plans for hardware and software.
· Establish a performance baseline for our infrastructure. Monitor and document any changes and provided weekly reports to the IT Manager for analysis.
· Perform regular security monitoring of network hardware to identify any possible intrusions.
· Continue to maintain and advance Cisco certifications to meet company requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· AA degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or the equivalent combination of college, training, certifications and work experience.
· One or more of the following certifications or equivalent are required:
o Cisco CCNA Certification
o Cisco CCNP Certification of some type
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of related IT networking experience, including operational knowledge of network and routing protocols, and familiarity with a variety of networking and personal computer software.
· Working knowledge of Cisco switch configuration and programming.
· Advanced knowledge of network and Cisco network operating systems; and testing and diagnostic techniques; knowledge of network topologies and software.
· Ability to install, configure and trouble-shoot network software and hardware and communication equipment and operating systems.
· Ability to provide some level of back-up to Systems Administrator and/or Desktop Technician preferred.
· Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships.
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to prepare clear, complete and concise reports
· Must produce work that is neat and organized and clearly documented.
· Must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, judgement, and attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy in work product.
· Must have the ability to be self-motivated and work independently as well as work well on a team.
· Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to prioritize, and execute tasks under pressure.
· Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
· Must have strong attendance record and work ethic.
This is a full-time non-exempt hourly paid position. Regular hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm and/or as needed, except on Thursday the hours worked relate to weekly system maintenance and are typically worked at night, occasionally through the night, as well as occasional weekend work for significant projects. Hours on Thursday and Friday will be adjusted accordingly around this weekly maintenance shift. This position will require some weekend work during major project implementations of new network equipment and servers.
Competitive pay will be commensurate with experience. This position includes a generous medical, dental, vision and life insurance along with optional voluntary benefits, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.Proven history of good work ethic on resumeMinimum Education and Experience
About Ted Pella, Inc.
About Ted Pella, Inc.:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 54 years. We have been in Redding, CA for over 35 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our web site at https://www.tedpella.com/. We are a family-owned and operated Company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
About the Location:
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, hunting and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of small city life nestled in a rural recreational setting. https://visitredding.com/
To apply please send a cover letter, a complete resume and your salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.