- Pull required materials to complete a job from the stockroom, and report any shortages, or damaged materials.
- Pull job related work instructions.
- Read and follow schematics and engineering drawings.
- Assemble and test instruments, sub-assemblies, and small tools. Includes basic electrical and mechanical assembly.
- Build PCBs or PCB components.
- Verify that all fixtures and tooling are properly identified.
- Work with management to identify any damaged fixtures and/or tooling needing repair or replacement.
- Verify that all work has been completed correctly and meets Engineering and Quality standards.
- Recommend new tooling and equipment to improve efficiency.
- Work in a manner that conforms to safety standards used at the company regarding mechanical and electrical assembly, troubleshooting, and around related equipment.
- Print product labels, and manuals. Assemble product manuals.
- QC co-workers jobs when applicable.
- Follow safe manufacturing practices such as use of eye protection, hearing protection, good shock prevention practices, and interchange work to avoid repetitive stress injuries.
- Other duties as assigned which may become essential to the position.
- High school diploma required, with related college coursework, trade school, or related training. Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in equipment, instruments, or electronics assembly required.
- Mush be mechanically inclined and experienced in the use of a variety of hand tools, power tools, and electrical tools. Excellent eye-hand coordination and dexterity.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and engineering drawings.
- Understand the use of test and measurement equipment, such as light microscopes, calipers, micrometers, volt meters and related equipment.
- Experience with PCB (printed circuit board) assembly and components is preferred.
- Must have general soldering experience and aptitude, ideally with small items. Experience soldering wiring harnesses or assemblies is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical components, such as IC, regulators, resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, and relay.
- Basic use of Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions, and inspect work for quality control on each completed project.
- Must be able to learn new things quickly. Must have excellent attention to detail, problem diagnosis, and solving skills, and high level of accuracy in work product.
- Must be self-motivated to work well independently, as well as work well on a team, organize and prioritize responsibly, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and keep up with production workload.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work well with others.
- Ability to speak, write, and communicate in the English language, fluently, is required.
- Must have strong reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and math skills.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, continuously use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate parts and put together assemblies. Frequent standing, bending walking. Must have good vision. Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Monday-Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm; hours may vary as needed based on business needs.
Hourly rate will commensurate with experience. This position includes a generous medical, dental, and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.Must speak and read EnglishMinimum Education and Experience
About Ted Pella, Inc.
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies since 1968. We sell to the entire USA, and all around the world, both directly and through a large distribution network. Visit our website at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated company with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass-offer pre-employment drug screen, and background check as applicable to the position.