Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Applications are available at all Tribal Offices or on the Internet at www.karuk.us The Karuk
Tribe’s (TERO) Preference and Drug & Alcohol Policy apply. If selected applicants must successfully pass a drug screening test and be willing to submit to a criminal background check.
Job descriptions are available online at: www.karuk.us or by contacting the Human Resources
Department, Telephone (530) 493-1600 ext. 2041, Fax: (855) 437-7888
Title: Telehealth Assistant/ Medical Assistant
Reports To: Telehealth Coordinator
Salary: $16.50 to $26.00 per hour, Depending on Experience
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Non-Entry Level
Summary: The Telehealth Assistant shall work under the supervision of the Telehealth Coordinator to provide medical, administrative and nursing support services. These include but are not limited to phlebotomy, injections, and brief assessments such as vital signs, height and weight and reasons for visit. Shall under supervision perform CLIA waived laboratory test. Shall document in accordance with the established PCC policy. Shall answer telephone calls and respond to telephone and in person requestsfor clinic information. Shall schedule, reschedule and cancel appointment using the RPMS Data System. Shall work with the entire healthcare team to promote a positive attitude and an environment of patient-centered service, continuous quality improvement, compliance with AAAHC Ambulatory Healthcare
Standards, and other statutory requirements. Shall work as a team member. Shall have knowledge of and understand clinic policy and procedures.
1. Shall proficiently schedule, reschedule, and cancel patient appointments using RPMS,
the patient registration and appointment scheduling modules.
2. Shall confirm eligibility or reimbursement status and update patient demographic
information on RPMS.
3. Shall efficiently answer the telephone and route call(s), record and take messages as
4. Shall efficiently contact patients to confirm appointments, notify them of unavoidable
delays or cancellations and to send out appointment reminders.
5. Shall provide office support as ex; typing, filing etc.
6. Shall maintain the confidentiality, security, and physical safety of patient’s health
records at all times.
7. Shall work an alternate work schedule as needed to provide for client and program
8. Shall provide medical and nursing support services, which include phlebotomy,
injections, brief assessments such as vital signs, height and weight and reason for visit.
9. Shall document using approved PCC policy.
10. Shall under supervision perform CLIA waived laboratory test.
11. Shall provide assistance to the clinic Telehealth Coordinator.
12. Shall assist with the cleaning of equipment and maintaining supplies and the taking of
inventories as directed.
13. Routine duties shall include providing medical services, and other health care-related
services in homes, schools, clinics, job sites, and other community locations within the
Karuk Tribe’s Service Area.
14. Shall assist the Telehealth Coordinator in processing incoming referral.
15. Shall assist the Telehealth Coordinator with administrative duty such as, but not limited to retrieving Lab and Imaging results, sending reminder letters and medical records scanning. Prepare documentation for Telemed agency.
16. Shall manage Telehealth clinic in Coordinator’s absence.
17. Shall take vitals for Tele psych clinics.
18. Shall complete data entry and data collections as instructed by Telehealth Coordinator.
19. Shall be cross trained as Medical Assistant and will work on the floor as needed.
20. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. Have the ability to work effectively with Native American people in culturally diverse
2. Have the ability to manage time well and work under stressful conditions with an even
3. Have the ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other
employees and the public.
4. Have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Telehealth experience in a clinical setting preferred.
6. Medical Assistant experience and/or as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or a CNA; and/ or college level education in health specific courses as they relate to rendering care in the health care setting; and/or certification in Phlebotomy preferred.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must become certified within 60 days of hire and remain current in basic life support
3. Must have experience with electronic health record systems.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be insurable by the Tribe’s
5. Must adhere to confidentiality and HIPAA policies.
6. Must provide documentation of immunity to measles, and rubella, or become vaccinated
with the recommended vaccines and hepatitis B vaccine must test for TB at time of hire and
per CDC guidelines as required Must have an annual health exam and a flu immunization and
a COVID-19 vaccination or exemption as required.
7. Must successfully pass Telehealth training to obtain certificate of Telehealth HIPPA ,
Telehealth presenting and pass eyePACS certification training within 60 days of hire.
8. Must have the ability to become sufficiently knowledgeable in policies and procedures to
accurately answer questions from internal and external inquires.
9. Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening test and be willing to submit to a
criminal background check.
Tribal Preference Policy: In accordance with the TERO Ordinance 93-0-01, Tribal Preference
will be observed in hiring.
Veteran’s Preference: It shall be the policy of the Karuk Tribe to provide preference in hiring to
qualified applicants claiming Veteran’s Preference who have been discharged from the United
States Armed Forces with honorable and under honorable conditions.