Paskenta Bank of Nomlaki Indians
Job Class: Full-Time/Part-Time/On-Call, Working between 8-40 hours per week; May include some evenings and weekends
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
The Paskenta Tribal Government maintains a list of individuals with general office, financial, clerical and administrative skills as well as individuals looking for entry level positions to gain the above-mentioned skills. Individuals must be available, often at short notice, to serve short-term, temporary assignments in various departments and enterprises. Assignments are available on multiple locations, and lengths generally range from one day to several weeks.
Working as a member of the Temporary Pool is an excellent way to become more familiar with the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians, its people, organizations, and values. The administrative temporary pool, maintained by Human Resources, is not designed to be a permanent arrangement. However, on occasion, a permanent position may become available in the department in which you work. Based on your performance, you may be invited to apply and be considered for the permanent regular position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assignment depends upon need and availability.
- Pool assignments can vary. Assignments can last as little as one day but will not exceed 6 months.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or if under the age of 18 a work permit will be required.
- Tribal Preference applies.
- Must be available for assignments and must maintain communications with HR.
- Failure to adhere to work requirements may result in an employee’s removal from Temp Pool.
- Administrative or General Office experience is preferred but not required of all available temporary positions.
- Customer service skills, oral and written communication skills are required depending on the temporary work duties
- The ability to be productive, with minimal training, is essential for success in most temporary assignments. Upon review of your application, you may be invited for a short interview.
- Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of criminal background screening and drug testing.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
A Valid California driver’s license may be required of some positions. Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a variety of settings. The noise level in the work environment can range from low to high. If working with blood-borne pathogens OSHA training will be required and provided. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the wide range of jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply: Visit www.paskenta-nsn.gov/employment-opportunities to download the Application. Submit your application, resume, and references via email to Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.Minimum Education and Experience