The Resident Assistant provides direct personal care as supervision to the residents of the facility. The Resident Assistant promotes the residents well-being and satisfaction through support with activities of daily living, including daily housekeeping duties, such as making beds, emptying trash, picking up and straightening rooms. Communicates with other departments to ensure resident needs are met.
***We have full time and part time positions available. AM shifts are 6:00am to 2:30pm and PM shifts are 2:00pm to 10:30pm. Must be available to work weekends!!!***
- Assists with activities of daily living following facility protocols, licensing regulations, and guidelines for both resident and employee safety.
- Performs daily housekeeping duties for residents, including making of beds, emptying of trash, picking up and straightening rooms before 10:00 a.m.
- Follows the schedule of duties for the resident assistant, as well as the individual plan of care for each resident.
- Functions as a team, assisting coworkers whenever the need arises.
- Monitors resident activity, food intake, functional status, and psychosocial status, taking action as required to promote resident well-being.
- Reports status change immediately to the supervisor.
- Acts immediately on any resident crisis, following universal precautions, internal protocol, and basic first aid training.
- Documents resident status changes, including but not limited to, physical change, reaction to medication, psychosocial status change.
- Follows safety guidelines in the facility, including proper lifting techniques and universal precautions when providing care to residents.
- Promotes open communication between health care professionals, families, residents, and staff.
- Adheres to guidelines in the employee handbook including dress code, conduct, and scheduling.
- In the event all assigned duties cannot be completed, ask for assistance and report to the supervisor or administrator.
- Regular attendance.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Light to moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment and supplies such as boxes, fixtures, tools, equipment, furniture weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Physical ability to assist with mobility and resident transfers (residents may weigh as much as 200+ pounds).
- Standing up to 8 hours per day; Walking up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to walk, kneel, climb, stand, stoop, crouch and reach when performing work activities.
- Commitment to the Company’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training in the field strongly preferred.
- Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments.
- Minimum of one year previous care giving experience, preferably in the geriatric realm.
- Current First Aid certification is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and residents.
- Physical ability to perform the duties, including the ability to assist with mobility and resident transfers, is essential.
- Positive attitude is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively with the residents, family members and health professionals.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background/health screening.
***Discretionary Retention Bonus*** – If Employee remains continuously employed with the Company for six months through date of hire, Employee will be eligible for a Discretionary Retention Bonus of $500.00. Said bonus is not dependent on number of hours worked, productions or efficiency but solely a discretionary bonus. Employee must be employed by the Company on the date of payment to earn the bonus. If Employee remains continuously employed with the Company for an additional six months (or twelve (12) months from date of hire, Employee will be eligible for an additional $500.00 Discretionary Retention Bonus.Current first aid certification is required.Minimum Education and Experience
About The Hignell Companies
We are a suite of companies dedicated to managing, enhancing and serving the needs of property owners, HOA Boards and our residents. We also serve the greater community through our Construction Services company, Experts in Your Home. We also manage next door our assisted living facility, The Courtyard At Little Chico Creek.