Andersen & Sons Shelling
Department: Human Resource
Immediate Supervisor: General Manager and Finance Director
In Case of Absence: Human Resources Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Operations Manager and Food Safety will assume duties.
Safety and Plant Policies & Regulations:
• Understand and comply with Cal-Osha regulations and Company policies as they pertain to the safety of all employees.
• Read, understand and acknowledge company policies as written in the Employee Handbook.
• All employees are required to adhere to all Food Safety requirements and programs including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Defense and Allergen Programs. Food safety training will be completed a minimum of once a year.
The Training Coordinator will fulfill the educational requirements of new and existing staff. The coordinator will administer needs assessments, gauge skills shortages, then address these through tailored training programs.
• Develop and implement Learning Management System.
• Work with managers and evaluate employees at all levels to identify and assess training and development needs.
• Act as Liaison with existing staff to clarify job descriptions and related expectations.
• Studying and contributing to the operations and climate of our company.
• Facilitate and work with Department Managers to develop instructional manuals, onboarding materials, and other relevant documentation.
• Administering regular, detailed needs assessments to identify skills deficits.
• Orienting new hires to their function within the grand scheme, as well as establish company norms that will evaluate skills deficits through tailored in-house training.
• Coordinating external training as the need arises.
• Monitoring staffs’ performance by meeting with line managers and department heads.
• Availing yourself as a sounding board for all employees with the explicit aim of improving their orientation and training.
• Upholding confidentiality, unless legally mandated to do otherwise.
• Conceptualize training materials based on data and research.
• Communicate training needs and online resources.
• Create training strategies, initiatives, and materials, test and review created materials.
• Maintain a database of all training materials. Track and compile collected data.
• Instruct employee training and onboarding.
• Work closely with the Food Safety Department to meet employee compliance training for new products and procedures.
• Conduct, monitor and provide Safety Training for all employees according to Cal-OSHA standards.
• Coordinate and monitor enrollment, schedules, costs, and equipment.
• Facilitate a Train the Trainor Program.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual English and Spanish required.
- Similar job experience and background preferred.