Quartz Hill Post-Acute is seeking a FULL-TIME Treatment Nurse for our 5 DAY’S A
WEEK shift, Wages vary depending on experience.’
Full Job Description
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing Services, the Treatment Nurse is responsible for all the treatments that are prescribed by the attending physician for all residents in the facility.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state in which practicing.
- Possess one or more year’s experience in a skilled nursing care facility.
- Wound care experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Possess mental and physical health.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: CLINICAL
- Assess resident’s skin condition by doing complete body assessment. on admission, re-admission and return from day, night or extended leave of absence.
- Initiate the Nurse’s Skin and Wound Progress report upon identification of any skin problem and/or pressure ulcer.
- Notify attending physician promptly when any skin condition is identified.
- Initiate all treatments immediately as prescribed by attending physician.
- Ensure that all skin conditions have corresponding treatment orders. Ensure that all sites of any skin problems are identified and documented on the nursing assessment form upon admission.
- Document all newly admitted residents with any skin problems and with stage 2, 3, and 4 pressure ulcers.
- Document all residents with any skin problems and with stage 2, 3, and 4 pressure ulcers upon discharge, except in an emergency transfer. Ensure that all skin problems and pressure ulcers are documented on the resident’s Plan of Care.
- Document skin assessment findings during weekly assessment on weekly Nurse’s Skin Wound Progress
Report form, inform physician as needed and enter on resident’s Plan of Care.
- Notify attending physician and Director of Nursing Services promptly of any deterioration of any skin problem and non-response to treatment.
- Notify Dietary Consultant promptly on any need for dietary intervention.
- Notify Physical Therapist promptly on any need for wound management.
- Transcribe and document treatment orders on treatment sheet.
- Audit and check treatment sheet recaps on a monthly basis.
- Audit missing documentation on treatment sheet at the end of each month.
- Order medication and treatment from pharmacy as prescribed by the attending physician.
- Check and request supplies weekly from central supply personnel.
- Responsible for taking cultures as ordered by the attending physician.
- Attend in-service classes, meetings and seminars as required.
- Weekly wound rounds with Wound MD as needed.
- Keep treatment carts clean at all times.
- Notify Director of Nursing Services promptly of any skin problem that developed in the facility.
- Others as may become necessary and appropriate or as may be directed by the Director of Nursing
If interested in becoming part of our team, please apply at our location at 2120 Benton Drive in Redding or call the facility to inquire further at 530-243-6317.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 $36.00 per hour
- 401 (k)
- 401 (k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Redding, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- LVN (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- LPN (Required)
Work Location: In personMinimum Education and Experience