***This job requires you to be over 18 years of age and have ability work on site in Truckee, CA 96160***
Greet and assist all guests of Truckee Rents, connecting them to the proper product and/or service. Maintenance of customer accounts, services rendered, and coordination with rental yard staff to prep and/or return items for customers. Offer courteous and professional customer service for general inquires on product rentals, maintenance, and sales.
- Encourages and demonstrates the Mountain Hardware and Sports / Truckee Rents culture of exceptional guest service, teamwork, innovation, and fun! Works well independently and with others. Enjoys “pitching in” whenever and wherever assistance is needed. No job is too small for any of our employees, if it serves our guests. Conducts and shows a high level of professionalism and courteousness to all guests. Values our safety culture, our Core Values, values employee ownership and operation, our local community, and maintaining a healthy, sustainable environment. Asks questions, shares concerns, or gives ideas on innovation and efficiencies that improve both the guests’ and employees’ experience.
- Assist customers with general product and services questions.
- Assist customers with rentals and sales of power equipment
- Discuss equipment issues, maintenance plans, and work performed with customers
- Review cost estimates for repairs for accuracy
- Explain to customers repairs made, maintenance and/or servicing hours, and parts used
- Show customers how to maintain and use equipment properly
- Drive and operate forklift
- Maintain clean and tidy workspace
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures
- Attend all required safety meetings and trainings
- Prior experience with snowblowers, chainsaws, generators, lawn and garden and rental equipment a plus
- Prior experience with diesel engines a plus
- Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties:
- Have excellent communication, time management, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professional courtesy.
- Possess basic functional knowledge on the following; snowblowers, chainsaws, generators, lawn and garden and rental equipment. OR have willingness to be trained.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid driver’s license that meets our insurance standards for coverage.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Must be able to wear a uniform.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Truckee Rents and Mountain Hardware & Sports serves a small town, with BIG time selection! Since we’re 100% employee owned and operated here, we have a unified and cohesive goal: to serve our community and provide outstanding customer service. Our ownership culture welcomes collaboration and stands by company transparency. We strive to offer long term reliability to our employees and community, hold our commitment to customer satisfaction in high regard, and help to serve as a proven local economic engine for our community and its members. We work in the mountains, live in the mountains, and love the mountains, and we hope you will join us at Truckee Rents and/or Mountain Hardware and Sports.
You choose the adventure, Truckee Rents and Mountain Hardware and Sports will help make it happen!
Proudly 100% Employee Owned and Operated – Work where YOU own it!
At Truckee Rents and Mountain Hardware & Sports, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We choose to embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences in the workplace and in our local communities. Mountain Hardware & Sports is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Truckee Rents
The culture at Mountain Hardware and Sports and Truckee Rents is second to none. We proudly offer stability and growth with generous industry-leading benefits. We have supportive and progressive employee/family programs, professional development and internal promotion opportunities, paid training and safety programs, competitive compensation packages and steep store discounts. Whenever possible, we extend philanthropy in our local areas and host employee events throughout the year. We operate as an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and are currently a 100% employee-owned company, meaning you own a piece of the company and take home some of that profit pie every year. Join us and learn what it's like to work where you own it!