***Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and currently have ability to work in Truckee, CA. Pay starts at $20-23 + DOE with opportunity for increase at 90 days and annually there after!***
Greet and assist all guests of Truckee Rents, connecting them to the proper product and/or service. Greet and assist customers with mechanical services; routine maintenance, and repairs for small engine power equipment.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation Pay)
- Paid Sick Leave (Sick Pay)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health insurance available to all full time employees and their dependents
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Employee Store Discount offered at cost price + 10%
- Wellness Program
- CA Gold Pass Access
- Pro-form Discounts
- Free Coffee while at work
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourages and demonstrates the Mountain Hardware and Sports/Truckee Rents culture of exceptional guest service, teamwork, innovation, and fun! Works well independently and with others. Enjoys “pitching in” whenever and wherever assistance is needed. No job is too small for any of our employees if it serves our guests. Conducts and shows a high level of professionalism and courteousness to all guests. Values our safety culture, our Core Values, values employee ownership and operation, our local community, and maintaining a healthy, sustainable environment. Asks questions, shares concerns, or gives ideas on innovation and efficiencies that improve both the guests’ and employees’ experience.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of rental equipment, and customer equipment
- Discuss equipment issues, maintenance plans, and work performed with customers
- Prepare cost estimates for repairs
- Record repairs made, maintenance and/or servicing hours, and parts used
- Show customers how to maintain and use equipment properly
- Drive and operate forklift
- Maintain clean and tidy workspace
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures
- Attend all required safety meetings and trainings
- Prior mechanical experience with snow blowers, chainsaws, generators, lawn and garden and rental equipment strongly desired
- Prior mechanical experience with diesel engines desired
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties:
- Have excellent communication, time management, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy, professional courtesy, and top notch customer service.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid driver’s license that meets our insurance standards for coverage.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to wear a uniform.
- Ability to lift/move 75lbs. or more and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work at heights, climbing 12ft. ladders and stairs
- Ability and comfort walking on uneven surfaces
- Requires continuous physical activity including walking, standing, climbing, and lifting
Mountain Hardware & Sports and Truckee Rents serves a small town, with BIG time selection! Since we’re 100% employee owned and operated here, we have a unified and cohesive goal: to serve our community and provide outstanding customer service. Our ownership culture welcomes collaboration and stands by company transparency. We strive to offer long term reliability to our employees and community, hold our commitment to customer satisfaction in high regard, and help to serve as a proven local economic engine for our community and its members. We work in the mountains, live in the mountains, and love the mountains, and we hope you will join us at Mountain Hardware and Sports and Truckee Rents.
Proudly 100% Employee Owned and Operated – Join us!
At Mountain Hardware & Sports and Truckee Rents, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We choose to embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences in the workplace and in our local communities. Mountain Hardware & Sports is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Truckee Rents
The culture at Truckee Rents and Mountain Hardware and Sports is second to none. We proudly offer stability and growth with generous industry-leading benefits. We have supportive and progressive employee/family programs, professional development and internal promotion opportunities, paid training and safety programs, competitive compensation packages and steep store discounts. Whenever possible, we extend philanthropy in our local areas and host employee events throughout the year. We operate as an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and are currently a 100% employee-owned company, meaning you own a piece of the company and take home some of that profit pie every year. Join us and learn what it's like to work where you own it!