OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: October 5, 2020
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
Salary: starting at $14.12/hr.
Hours: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Benefits: Highly competitive benefits package. *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Education Programs Director, the Tutor will provide support to the day to day operations of the Education Department by assisting with tutoring, college readiness, physical education, and cultural activities.
This position works with and around children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
1. Works under the direction of the Education Programs Director to provide tutoring assistance to students, grades K-12, focusing on reading and math.
2. Prepares / organizes lessons and evaluates student progress.
3. Prepares / organizes student activities.
4. Prepares student snacks.
5. Transports students as necessary.
6. Other duties as assigned
1. High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school.
2. Minimum of one-year similar or related experience preferred.
3. A minimum of 80% proficiency in reading and math. All applicants will be tested.
4. Must have ability to obtain CPR certification within three months and maintain current certification thereafter.
5. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable as determined by the Susanville Indian Rancheria insurance provider.
6. Must pass a background investigation and meet the minimum standards of character as established by P.L. 101-630.
7. Must have the ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and comply with random drug screen selection.
8. Have ability to work independently and cooperatively.
The vision, goals and objectives of the Susanville Indian Rancheria requires the employee to perform in both a professional and personable manner. The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each customer, visitor and fellow employee is requisite of successful job performance. Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action. As an employee of the Tribe, he/she will be subject to the Policies and Procedures of the Susanville Indian Rancheria.
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
1st Preference Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference Non-Native applicant.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at:
www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only completed applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach a copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree. If the position requires a valid Driver’s License you must also attach a copy of your Driver’s License. In addition, you must provide an additional statement on how you meet the qualifications.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to