Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Upholsterer Apprentice Position
Are you organized, detail oriented and enjoy working with fabric? Are you willing to learn? Are you motivated to learn Industrial level skills? We have a new opening with our Upholstery team.
Square Deal Mattress Factory is looking to hire an Upholster Apprentice who is capable of installing the upholstery to meet the desired specifications. You may also be required to dismantle and rebuild furniture before reupholstering.
To ensure success as an Upholster, you should have willingness to learn the trades, a good eye for detail, and the ability to visualize design ideas. A top class Upholsterer perfectly translates the ideas of the client into high quality furnishings
Upholsterer Apprentice Responsibilities:
- Ability to learn safe upholstery techniques and tooling.
- Able to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Dismantling furniture for upholstery preparations.
- Mount materials or workpieces onto production equipment.
- Align parts or workpieces to ensure proper assembly.
- Measuring and cutting leather or fabric to fit the job.
- Installing foam and batting to the furniture framework.
- Installing and repairing furniture webbing and retying seating springs
- Stretching out and installing fabric or leather coverings.
- Stitching, gluing, and nailing fabric in place.
- Smoothing out imperfections.
- Conducting quality check on completed orders.
Upholsterer Apprentice Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Excellent design skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Good verbal communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have a positive, solution seeking attitude.
- Able to commit to a consistent work schedule with good attendance.
- Willingness to learn how to use upholstery tools including various ban saws, nail guns, and sewing equipment is helpful.
- Ability to lift, pull and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for up to eight hours a day.
Hiring Requirements: Background Checks, Motor Vehicle Record Check
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Drivers License: No
Minimum Salary: 13.00 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume to Boris Ye at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Upholsterer Apprentice” in the subject.
SQUARE DEAL MATTRESS FACTORY / FLCO SQUARE DEAL M
1354 Humboldt Avenue
Chico, CA 95928
Contact: Boris Ye
Phone: (530) 616-0518Minimum Education and Experience