Mental Health Clinician (Licensed/Associate) ****Sign On Bonus $1,000****
“Our Mission is to be a catalyst for sustained improvement in the lives of those we touch.”
Victor Community Support Services (VCSS) provides a wide range of behavioral health, educational, and social support services to children, youth, families and adults throughout California. Services for those in need are individualized, flexible, community-based and strength-based with a continuous commitment to providing excellent support that truly changes the lives of those served.
The Clinician is responsible for establishing and implementing quality clinical treatment and case management for children and adolescents with special mental health needs. Clinicians shall provide individual, group, and family therapy as well as rehabilitative services and case management in whatever setting is most beneficial for the identified client. In addition, the Clinician is responsible for completing all documentation and written reports required by the Agency.
1. Provides comprehensive mental health assessments on assigned clients to determine the need for mental health services. Develops treatment plans and goals based on assessed areas of needs and strengths. Monitors and evaluates client’s progress on identified goals in the treatment plan.
2. Completes all required documentation in a timely manner for each assigned client and maintains a comprehensive set of treatment records.
3. Acts as the liaison between the program and family/community agencies including individuals such as Parents/Caregivers, Case Managers, County Social Workers, Teachers/Education Providers, and Probation Officers. The Clinician shall work with the family or care providers in the implementation of treatment plans.
4. Provides individual, family, and group counseling based on the needs of the clients served.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
1. Completion of a clinical program with a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in a field of behavioral science from an accredited educational institution.
2. Holds a current license registration issued by appropriate state agency. Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) LMFT, LCSW accepted OR Registered Associate with the BBS is accepted.
1. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, personal automobile insurance and clean driving record.
2. Must be physically and mentally fit. Must be willing to complete a Tuberculosis (TB) and drug screening test.
3. Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation conducted by the State of California.
4. Must be flexible to work nights and weekends, may need to work a split-shift, varying schedule according to operational needs.
5. Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination or exemption due to religious or medical condition.
1. Must be able to work in an office or outdoor environment including standing, walking, and running, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds and up to 10 pounds frequently.
2. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in a vehicle for traveling up to 100 miles driving distance.
4. Requires the ability to utilize computer and telephone systems, which includes the coordination of eye and hand and fine manipulation by the hands and fingers for typing, writing and working with files.
Low cost Medical, Dental and Vision
Life Insurance plan for employee and family
Paid Holidays, PTO and Sick pay
Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
Business Casual Office Environment
Monthly staff luncheons
Annual Employee recognition awards
501(c)(3) Designation- you can apply for public service loan forgiveness
Salary Range: $64,272 – $80,186.00 plus Full Benefits
Additional Increase in Salary for Language Differential
Job Location: Red Bluff, CA
Minimum Education and Experience
About Victor Community Support Services
Victor Community Support Services (VCSS) is a community-based focused agency which delivers mental health and family support services in the homes, schools and communities in which people live. VCSS delivers programs ranging from prevention and early intervention programs to highly intensive home-based services designed to prevent residential and other institutional placements. VCSS is focused on empowering people of all ages to build upon their strengths and capacities to address the problems and needs they have within their lives.