Mental Health Specialist ***$1,000 Sign On Bonus***
“Our Mission is to be a catalyst for sustained improvement in the lives of those we touch.”
Victor Community Support Services provides a wide range of behavioral health, educational, and social support services to children, youth, families and adults throughout California. Services for those in need are individualized, flexible, community-based and strength-based with a continuous commitment to providing excellent support that truly changes the lives of those served.
Under the direct supervision of the assigned Supervisor, the Mental Health Specialist has responsibility for providing support services to individuals and families as identified in the designated program and/or individualized plan. Position offers options to work in the community and juvenile hall and/or probation. Potential to promote to a Clinician position for anyone currently in practicum.
1. Provides individual and family support services in accordance with the individualized plans.
2. Able to effectively engage, develop relationships with appropriate boundaries with assigned clients.
3. Effectively manages a flexible community based schedule to meet client needs. Some late nights and weekends are required.
4. Completes all required documentation according to Agency and program standards within required time constraints.
5. Is an active member of assigned treatment teams.
6. Meets Agency service percentage standard reflecting expected time spent with clients, if applicable.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
1. Must possess a high school diploma/GED and two years’ experience working with children, youth, adults and/or families.
1. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, personal automobile insurance and clean driving record.
2. Must be physically and mentally fit. Must be willing to complete a Tuberculosis (TB) and drug screening test.
3. Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation conducted by the State of California.
4. Must be flexible to work nights and weekends, may need to work a split-shift, varying schedule according to operational needs.
5. Must provide Verification of Covid-19 vaccination or exemption for religious or medical condition.
1. Must be able to work in an office or outdoor environment including standing, walking, and running, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds and up to 10 pounds frequently.
2. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in a vehicle for traveling up to 100 miles driving distance.
Low cost Medical, Dental and Vision
Life Insurance plan for employee and family
Paid Holidays, PTO and Sick pay
Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
Business Casual Office Environment
Monthly staff luncheons
Annual Employee recognition awards
501(c)(3) Designation- you can apply for public service loan forgiveness
Pay Range: $15.81 – $20.92 DOE & EDU
Additional Pay Rate Increase for Language Differential
EOEMinimum Education and Experience
About Victor Community Support Services
Victor Community Support Services (VCSS) is a community-based focused agency which delivers mental health and family support services in the homes, schools and communities in which people live. VCSS delivers programs ranging from prevention and early intervention programs to highly intensive home-based services designed to prevent residential and other institutional placements. VCSS is focused on empowering people of all ages to build upon their strengths and capacities to address the problems and needs they have within their lives.