Job Order: N/A
Print Date: 10/08/2020 Expires: 12/07/2020
Job Title: Wait Staff
Job Time Type: Part Time (Less than 30 Hours)
The Wait Staff is responsible for serving food in a friendly, courteous manner and helpful attitude. Perform a variety of duties in and around the dining area. Reports to: Culinary Services Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Make resident satisfaction the number one
- Serve meals to residents, family members and visitors in a professional, dignified, efficient and courteous
- Assure compliance with all proper serving techniques/etiquette (e.g., serving from left, clearing used dishes between courses, )
- Assist residents with menu selections as
- Track residents’ attendance at
- Deliver meals to resident rooms as required.
- Prepare dining room prior to each meal by performing necessary cleaning and stocking (salt shakers, pepper shakers, sugar bowls).
- Check dining room stock and nourishments. Pull old items and restock as
- Clean tables and chairs after meals and pick up: floor
- Return all dishes to the
- Maintain clean and sanitary work environment at all
- Report equipment safety issues to Culinary Services Director.
- Cooperate to get work done and is flexible with daily schedule. Assist in food inventory and/or wash dishes when needed. Assist in breaking down deliveries and puts away stock as
- Follow standards for time and
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families and
- In communities governed by Department of Social Services, per State of California regulations, as a “mandated reporter” you must report all known or suspected incidents of resident abuse of dependent adults or
- Provide support to community’s marketing efforts through positive/friendly interaction during all property tours and telephone contact with the public, and as directed by a supervisor.
- Communicate any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a supervisor immediately.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests, following established safety
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
- Support a positive and professional image through actions and
- Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Culinary Services Director.
This offers fixed schedule of days and hours and hourly wage with some flexibility depending on experience. Would love someone with restaurant experience but not necessary as this is an entry level position. Current availability is TU-Sa 6am-2pm (full time) and SU-M 6am -2pm (part time). We have flexibility on days but hours are 6am -2pm.
Hiring Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent, Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Minimum 18 years of age, Possess Current First Aid Training, Health Screening, Chest X-Ray, or Intradermal Test
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: No
Minimum Salary: 13.00 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: In Person
To Apply: Please apply in person at 316 Olympia Park Circle, Grass Valley, CA 95945
316 Olympia Park Circle
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Contact: Kristie Laine
Phone: (530) 274-1992Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Minimum 18 years of age, Possess Current First Aid Training, Health Screening, Chest X-Ray, or Intradermal Test