Job Title: Watchman
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under general direction, to thwart prohibited activity at Berry Creek Rancheria. The presence of a watchman offers some measure of deterrence against unwelcome activities. A Watchman is in charge of enforcing Berry Creek Rancheria’s policies, especially regarding security. They exercise discretion in granting authorization to enter or exit buildings/property and conduct security screenings to ensure that no person intending to commit a prohibited activity such as theft, vandalism, robbery or arson is allowed in.
To prevent illegal entry, the night watchman oversee who comes and goes from Berry Creek Rancheria’s premises. Often, the night watchman will log the times when someone comes in or leaves, verify a person’s identification and right to be on site and keep records of what happened during the overnight shift. Berry Creek Rancheria does not expect he night watchman to engage in confrontation with a visitor who should not be there. The expectation of Berry Creek Rancheria is for the night watchman to call the local police department if you notice something suspicious.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Patrol reservation housing at least one time and surrounding property. Includes questioning suspicious persons, and checking their Id. Directs visitors to their proper locations.
- Checks all doors entrances of buildings such as Bowling alley, Gym, Smoke Shop, and Tribal Office to ensure that they are properly locked and grounds are secure. Not the housing on the reservation.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Administrator. Fill out daily and/or weekly reports as assigned.
- Patrols every hour around all facilities to include Gym, RV, Mini Mart, Bowling alley, and Tribal Office. Also the property behind the Gym where the Storage containers are.
- Notify Casinos security and police, fire department, or other appropriate authority of any situation requiring immediate or prompt attention.
- Is considerate, courteous, and treats others with respect. Do not interfere with emergency personnel.
- Confidentiality is of High Importance
- Ability to read, write and follow written directions.
- Demonstrate aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
- Highly organized; superior time management skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
Training and Experience:
- Education equivalent to successful completion of high school courses required for a diploma or GED
- Possession of a valid and appropriate valid California Driver’s License.
- Preference will be given to qualified Native American Indians under the Federal Indian Preference Act (43 CFR, 17.3(d)). Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification of Indian Heritage, Certified by the Tribe of affiliation, or other acceptable documentation
- Applicant must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 13.00 Hour Maximum Salary: 13.65 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Email resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Include “Watchman” as the subject.
Berry Creek Rancheria of Maidu Indians of CA 5 Tyme Way
Oroville, CA 95966