Los Molinos Mutual Water Company
Part-time / On-call Position
Work Week: 3 days per week
Salary: $112.00 per day
- Ability to climb ladders, and walk on uneven ground for extended periods of time
- Able to perform light maintenance
- Able to work in all types of weather including heat
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Farming Irrigation knowledge is a plus, but we are willing to train the right candidate
- The ideal candidate would live with the area of Cone Grove Road and Englehorn Road
Job Summary – Distribute Irrigation Water
A. Scheduling Water Deliveries
- The water tender will strive to maintain a 14 day rotation.
- The water tender will maintain the “Rotation Log” on a daily basis and have available for inspection by the General Manager or Project Manager.
- Provide advance notice to shareholders on water scheduling. This is the number one priority of the service Los Molinos Water Company provides to its shareholders.
- Contact could be made by personal contact or phone.
- All return phone calls should be made as soon as possible
- The water tender is on twenty-four (24) hours a day when on duty. Should the need arise to leave the service area, the tender shall notify the General Manager or as to where he can be reached.
B. Distribution of Irrigation Water
- The water tender is responsible to make the initial delivery to shareholders.
- The water tender is responsible for opening gates or valves, placing diversion structures and splash boards, when making the initial delivery. The water tender is also responsible for the delivery shut offs. The splash boards must be pulled from all canals and ditches after every irrigation.
- The water tender will deliver water only when someone is available to take care of the water.
- The water tender will not assume any irrigation responsibilities for the shareholder. This could create a liability issue for the Los Molinos Mutual Water Company.
C. Other Duties
- The water tender will attend weekly meetings with the General Manager, Project Manager and Maintenance.
- The water tender will make minor repairs to the irrigation delivery system.
- The water tender will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
To Apply: Submit a competed Standard Application and resume to a JTC staff memberMinimum Education and Experience