Job Type: Fulltime
Location: Sutter Buttes Manufacturing, Gridley, CA 95948
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 6:30am -5:00pm
Pay rate: $16.00- $20.00/hour DOE
Reports to: Production Manager
The position of Welder at Sutter Buttes Manufacturing (SBM) is a vital role in the company. As a Welder with SBM you will be responsible for using your welding skills and knowledge to create a strong infrastructure for projects. The ideal candidate would have 3 years minimum fabrication experience and knowledge of geometry, reading blueprints, and various welding techniques. SBM Welders must be efficient, organized, and punctual with excellent attendance.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Study engineering drawings to blueprints to determine requirements for the task
- Layout and examine metal stock of work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Develop templates for welding projects, using mathematical calculations based on blueprints
- Welding methods, applying knowledge, geometry, and welding techniques
- Tack weld fitted parts together
- Lift or move materials and finished products, using lift or hoist
- Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding
- Move parts into position, manually or with a forklift
- Setup and operate fabricating machines, such as shears, saws, brakes, flame cutters, grinders, drill press, cut, drill, and assemble metal components.
- Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
- Setup face blocks, jigs and fixtures as needed
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, or bolt components together for required positions for welding.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Layout, position, align, and secure parts for assembly
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 years minimum fabrication experience
- Must be 18 to work in manufacturing
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- standing/bending/reaching 8-10 hours a shift
To apply: Please send your resume in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Welder” in the subject line.
Sutter Buttes Manufacturing, LLC is an agricultural equipment manufacturer serving California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana from our facility in Gridley, California. We are a young, rapidly growing company where you can contribute your knowledge and abilities while growing with us.
Sutter Buttes Manufacturing, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How To Apply: Please send your resume in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com. Include “Welder” in the subject line.Minimum Education and Experience