General Description: Under the direction of the Fiscal Manager/Controller, the Fiscal Clerk will perform a wide range of clerical and bookkeeping duties including filing of records, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations and payroll. The position assists with financial and grant records and communicating with various agencies when required.
Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (Abilla, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
Generates accounting statements and reports.
Maintains vendor files.
Maintains accounting files
Oversees tribal member trust accounts, researching tribal member payments, deductions, and address/name changes
Applies garnishments, liens, and small claims.
Develops automated spreadsheets.
Organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
Maintains telephone and personal contact with staff and vendors on receivable matters as directed by Fiscal Manager/controller.
Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested.
Organizes and maintains retention files for required period of time.
Manages inventory for general fund merchandise/sales and food/drinks and online store which were fundraisers for the departments.
· Ability to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with occasionally upgrade to skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
· Experience operating standard office equipment including using a variety of Fund Accounting software applications such as Abilla, Peachtree.
· Willingness to complete training in Native American Finance
Experience / Education Required
· Several years of related financial and administrative experience
· Knowledge/experience working in a tribal setting
· Experience with Government Accounting
Wage / benefits:
This position is considered a full-time 32 hours per week, eligible for benefits, and at-will employment. Includes a three-month probationary period with a step raise for satisfactory evaluation at that time.Minimum Education and Experience