Sierra Pacific Industries
Worker’s Compensation Manager
This position will coordinate activities for the company’s workers’ compensation program, primarily in Shasta and Tehama Counties. The position is responsible for monitoring and coordinating treatment, care, workplace accommodations, return to work, and follow-up documentation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Supervise and develop central team of claims adjusters and support staff
- Ensure compliance with various jurisdictional workers’ compensation laws and regulations
- Establish and enforce standards and procedures for matters related to the workers’ compensation program
- Manage vendor services, including third party administrators, bill pay, and insurance carriers
- Advise the Company regarding financial impacts and risks of claims through regular reporting
- Manage legal services necessary to defend the Company concerning contested or litigated claims
- Advise division managers and safety professionals on claim experience and reserves to inform safety initiatives
- Work with facility managers and supervisors to promote interactive process and early return to work
- Develop strong relationships with care providers to ensure best claim outcomes.
- Adapt internal work processes and procedures to changes in regulations or Company policy
- Continually evaluate system or procedural improvements that minimize risk and cost of the program
- Willing and able to travel to various locations on a regular basis
- At least five years’ experience with Workers’ Compensation or similar matters, preferably in California
- Preference given to applicants who possess self-insured certifications in CA and WA
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously to achieve expected results
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careers