The successful candidate will oversee all yard operations and ensure compliance to safety policies. Maintain and improve lumber yard facility and improve functionality and appearance of the lumber yard. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong leadership experience in a concentration yard environment, excellent communication skills, and the ability to manage employees. Previous supervisory experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a lumber yard. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide and inspire outstanding service to customers by maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, quality and completing assigned work in a timely manner
- Maintain Yard/ Warehouse layout standards and protocol; ensuring adherence to yard set up standards and yard/ warehouse areas are clean and kept up
- Manage product receiving, storage and shipping operations
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance on equipment’s and prepare report to submit to fleet manager
- Monitor work of employees and initiate disciplinary actions as required
- Responsible for overseeing that the stock level in the bins are full
- make sure safety procedures are followed
- are responsible for ensuring accuracy in order fulfillment and receiving procedures
Please Note: Hills Flat Lumber Company is committed to a drug free workplace. All employment candidates are subject to a pre-employment drug screen
Hiring Requirements: Drug/Testing/Screening, Reference Checks
Hills Flat Lumber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hills Flat Lumber does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Education Level: No Minimum Education Requirement
Requires a Driver’s License: No
Minimum Salary: 13.00 Hour Maximum Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Retirement/Pension
Job Application Methods Accepted: In Person
To Apply: Please come in person to fill in job application and be prepared for an interview. No Phone Calls please.
Hills Flat Lumber Company 380 Railroad Ave
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Contact: Jary PottsDrug/Testing/Screening, Reference Checks