Case Manager, Chico CA
Youth for Change is a non-profit, public benefit organization licensed by the state of California to provide comprehensive treatment, education, and support services for our community.
The mission of Youth for Change is to enhance the well-being of children, individuals, families, and communities – and we have successfully done this for 30 years!
Youth for Change employees are highly valued and compensated with:
- A competitive benefits package including paid medical AND dental for our employees!
- 13 paid holidays
- A 401(k), a Roth, AND an agency match as well as profit-sharing after the waiting period!
- Healthiest You, a virtual option to see a doctor, at no cost to you!
- Accrued sick and vacation days from date of hire and access to use those days after 60 days of employment!
- Endless opportunities for training online and in-person
- A flexible work schedule
- An Employee Assistance Program and a Trauma-informed work environment
The 6th Street Case Manager position provides care to the youth who enter the center for services. This position is responsible for completing intakes, writing service plans, contributing to staff meetings, and ensuring all service plans are followed. The Case Manger provides proactive crisis intervention and prevention techniques as well as acts as a community, family, and youth liaison.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Art in Social Work, Psychology, or related field (Master’s in Social Work preferred)
- Experience working with children and families “at risk:
- Knowledge of 24-hour crisis intervention
- Valid California driver license and maintain a good driving record
- Ability to be flexible, organized, and posses excellent written/oral communication
Youth For Change remains open as an essential business to serve our community, and to comply with the Public Health Order issued by the State of California Health and Human Services Agency on August 5, 2021, Youth for Change will require that all employees have received a COVID-19 vaccination unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed, and if eligible, a booster shot (or provide weekly testing results).