Clinician I or II, Chico CA
Youth for Change is a non-profit, public benefit organization licensed by the state of California to provide comprehensive treatment, education, and support services for our community.
The mission of Youth for Change is to enhance the well-being of children, individuals, families, and communities – and we have successfully done this for 30 years!
Our Clinician employees at YFC are truly valued and compensated with:
- A competitive benefits package including paid medical AND dental for our employees!
- 13 paid holidays
- A 401(k), a Roth, AND an agency match as well as profit-sharing after the waiting period!
- Healthiest You, a virtual option to see a doctor, at no cost to you!
- Accrued sick and vacation days from date of hire and access to use those days after 60 days of employment!
- Endless opportunities for training online and in-person
- A flexible work schedule
- An Employee Assistance Program and a Trauma-informed work environment
- Clinical Supervision! We have Clinical Supervisors on staff!
The Clinician position is full-time and works out of the Chico CA office. This role is in our Butte Wraparound department and this position conducts behavioral health assessments and provides non-medical psychotherapeutic and case management services to assigned individuals and groups. The Clinician performs intensive clinical services with children and adult clients and their relatives through individual and group therapy; participates in the intake process, the evaluation of problems presented, and the development of treatment plans.
Education and/or Experience
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited two-year graduate school or program in social work, psychology or a related field; prefer prior clinical experience as a paraprofessional or an intern.
- Must possess a registration or intern number for an Associate Clinical Social Worker or a Marriage, Family Therapist Intern, in the State of California as established by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners. Enrollment in a Ph.D. or Psy.D program in clinical psychology from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an intern number. Incumbents must obtain registration with the California Board of Psychology within one (1) year of appointment to this position. An Ed. D and five (5) years of experience and on licensure track as a psychologist may be substituted for the Ph. D or the Psy.D.
- Must possess State of California Driver’s license in good standing
Youth For Change remains open as an essential business to serve our community, and to comply with the Public Health Order issued by the State of California Health and Human Services Agency on August 5, 2021, Youth for Change will require that all employees have received a COVID-19 vaccination unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed, and if eligible, a booster shot.
Youth For Change (YFC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of YFC to provide equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factors.Minimum Education and Experience