Parent Partner, Yuba City CA
Youth for Change is a non-profit, public benefit organization licensed by the state of California to provide comprehensive treatment, education, and support services for our community.
Our mission statement is “Enhancing the well-being of children, individuals, families and communities” and we have successfully done this for 30 years.
Our Parent Partner employees at YFC are truly valued and compensated with:
- 13 paid holidays
- A 401(k), a Roth, AND an agency match as well as profit sharing!
- A competitive benefits package including paid medical AND dental for our employees!
- Healthiest You, a virtual option to see a doctor, at no cost to you!
- Accrued sick and vacation days from date of hire and access to use those days after 60 days of employment!
- Endless opportunities for training online and in person
- A flexible work schedule.
- The stability of an agency that has been successfully working its mission statement for 30 years in Northern California!
- An Employee Assistance Program and a Trauma informed work environment
- Clinical Supervision! We have Clinical Supervisors on staff!
The Parent Partner position is full-time and works out of our Yuba City CA office. The purpose of this position is to provide active, hands-on peer support to parents/caregivers of youth receiving services. Effective peer support should be friendly, helpful, accessible and flexible. Peer support may be delivered in individual or group settings at the agency, in family homes or in community environments. The role of the Parent Partner is to provide peer support but also to work collaboratively to support systems change by increasing family involvement and decreasing unintentional, bias about parents.
Experience and/or Education
- High School graduate or experience that would demonstrate the possession of knowledge and ability to provide the equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strongly preferred to have the biological, adoptive, kin parent, or non-related family member of a youth with emotional or behavioral challenges or has had systems experience with their child in a child serving system (i.e., mental health, child welfare, probation and special education).
- Strongly preferred to have direct experiences with child serving systems (i.e., mental health, child welfare, probation and special education).
- Knowledge of community resources and networking skills are needed to perform this job Satisfactorily
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License with a clear driving record for the past three (3) years.
Youth For Change remains open as an essential business to serve our community. To comply with the Public Health Order issued by the State of California Health and Human Services Agency on August 5, 2021, Youth for Change will require that all employees have received a COVID-19 vaccination unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed, and if eligible, a booster shot.
Youth For Change (YFC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of YFC to provide equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factors.Minimum Education and Experience