Tehama County Library
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $21.38 – $26.05 Hourly | $1,710.40 – $2,084.00 Biweekly
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The mission of the Tehama County Library is to maintain and improve the quality of life for all citizens of our community by providing resources that enhance and contribute to individual knowledge, enlightenment, and enjoyment in the most efficient manner possible. We especially recognize our responsibility to serve as an archive for the rich historical resources of our area and as a place for children to discover the joy of reading and the value of libraries. To learn more about the Tehama County Library, click on the links below.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, compassionate and self-motivated. The candidate should be a creative individual who thinks outside the box. Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate genuine, care, respect, and strong interest in youth and an ability to establish rapport with them, their caregivers, and professionals who work with youths.
The Youth Services Librarian is responsible for planning and developing appropriate library programs for children and teens. In addition, the Youth Services Librarian promotes and delivers early literacy training and mentoring for parents and caregivers. May be required to perform specific assignments related but not limited to technical services, administration, and reference services.
- Assisting, instructing, and promoting the use of library services, resources, and children’s literature to children, teens, and their parents or caregivers;
- Assisting patrons of the library with questions and requests, and providing instruction in the use of various library tools;
- Providing reader’s advisory services and reference assistance to library patrons
- Library operations, procedures and policies;
- Professional library theory and practice;
- Knowledge and understanding of youth and child development;
- Library terminology, principles and practices of classification, cataloging and filing systems used in libraries
- Catalog and classify library materials;
- Provide effective readers’ advisory and reference services, including to children;
- Make sound, educated decisions;
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree in Library Technology(preferred), Liberal Arts, or other related fields, Master of Science in Library Information Science is preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working with children and teens.
- One (1) year experience in a public library is required.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
•May require a valid California driver’s license.
The department is recruiting for one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future full-time vacancies for a Youth Services Librarian, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
530-527-0604 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT /VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE