Job Title: YEDC Chief Financial Officer Job Code GS 11-10
Department YEDC/RHC Program Area Location Klamath
Reports To: YEDC Executive Director FLSA Status Exempt
ALL HIRING IS SUBJECT TO THE YUROK TRIBE’S HIRING PREFERENCE
Salary Range $85,515.88
The incumbent under the general direction of the YEDC Executive Director, to work collaboratively with YEDC business Managers to advance the overall financial management plan of the organization and contribute to the strategic oversight and vision for the successful future of all YEDC businesses. The ideal candidate will fully align with and strengthen the values and mission of YEDC to develop employees, understand the business dynamics, and build relationships both externally and internally are essential to the role. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will deliver exceptional business and financial judgements along with contract review and negotiation skills to drive effective, sustainable growth. This position will be responsible for providing leadership to the accounting teams to ensure accounting procedures & reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
2. Accomplishes financial strategies by determining accountabilities of communicating and enforcing accounting values, policies, and procedures.
3. Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing accounting department job contributions.
4. Planning and reviewing business compensation strategies.
5. Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
6. Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
7. Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
8. Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; and developing business action plans.
9. Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of business variances.
10. Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
11. Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing business variances, and developing improvements.
12. Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
13. Ensure YEDC businesses comply with Tribal, State, and Federal policies, procedures and regulations, as well as GAAP.
14. Oversees company-wide insurance policies and coverages.
15. Works closely with lenders, develops business relationships and provides financial information as required.
16. Oversee all accounts payables, accounts receivables and payroll for YEDC business and Redwood Hotel Casino.
17. Accurately and thoroughly maintain financial statements, general ledger and other financial records as required for all YEDC businesses and Redwood Hotel Casino.
18. Oversee payment of payroll tax payments, payroll and sales tax reports, W-2’s and 1099’s.
19. Effectively use accounting systems to store and retrieve data.
20. Clearly communicate orally and in writing with all levels of departmental staff and YEDC Board of Directors and Yurok Tribal Council.
21. Prepare financial statements and reports.
22. Make sound decisions and recommendations consistent with essential functions.
23. Prepare accounting records for annual audit.
24. Oversee bank reconciliations monthly and compare to general ledger. Investigates and resolve differences.
25. Provide oversight and training as necessary and as the fiscal department expands on an ongoing basis.
26. Provides fiscal oversight of YEDC component units, and provide staffing assistance with inventory as directed.
27. Assist with developing fiscal policies and procedures.
28. Must maintain confidentiality at all times
29. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
2. High level of written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with staff and the public, using tact and discretions, and responding to questions, comments and complaints from staff and citizens in a professional manner.
3. Ability to compose correspondence and other related materials while effectively employing principles of good correspondence.
4. Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations with error free accuracy.
5. Ability to develop computer spreadsheets using complex formulas and a variety of financial and other mathematical functions. Must pass Excel test with acceptable results.
6. Able to work within established guidelines with little direct supervision.
7. Ability to understand and interpret legal documents and federal, state and local regulations.
8. Ability to establish, implement and maintain documentation procedures.
9. Ability to understand or interrupt various accounting software.
Direct supervision of accounting departments on a daily basis relating to accounting procedures and work-related issues.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration; or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent business experience and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
• Strategic planning and vision
• Budget development
• Financial planning and strategy
• Managing profitability
About Yurok Economic Development Corporation (YEDC)
YEDC manages businesses for the Yurok Tribe; Redwood Hotel Casino, (3) Gas Stations/convenient stores, Redwood Canoe tours, Jetboat tours, a Visitor Center, (5) RV parks, and (1) mobile home park. Moving in a great adventurous direction to provide jobs for the Del Norte County community.